The YWCA Metro Vancouver is looking for leaders in Surrey who want to give back to their communities.
These programs are designed for folks who are looking to further develop their leadership and communication skills and give back to their community. You will lead and support grade 7 students, while helping them gain the knowledge and skills they need to increase their self-confidence and resiliency; and make a smooth transition to high school. You’ll work in intergenerational teams to lead a group of boys and/or girls one afternoon a week over 8 weeks
Here are some other benefits of becoming involved with the YWCA.
· Interpersonal skills development
· Team work, leadership and conflict resolution skills
· Connecting with diverse groups of people
· Public speaking skills
· 20 hours of free facilitation training
· Ongoing support from experienced YWCA Staff Team
· Optional free first-aid certification (valued at $100)
· Meet and connect with like-minded volunteers
· Increased personal and professional networks in an international organization
· Volunteer appreciation events
· Reference letter
· $75 travel subsidy
· Fitness pass ($85 value)