Abbotsford Restorative Justice is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers to become mentors for youth going through a Restorative Justice process. Mentors are matched with youth ages 12- 25 who are going through a Restorative Justice or Restorative Action process. Mentors work with youth spending time together to help build a positive adult relationship, to help them through their mediation, and to help them fulfill their restitution agreements.
If you are:
- 19 years +
- willing to commit to at least 6 hours a month for one year in activities with a mentee
- willing to commit to about 2 hours a month for training or support meetings
- Able to pass and maintain an enhanced security clearance
- Able to demonstrate the capacity to be consistent and positive adult role models that endorse pro-social values and a drug free lifestyle
- Interested in helping make a difference in a young person’s life
Then mentoring is right for you. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer mentor with Abbotsford Restorative Justice please contact the Mentoring Coordinator Justin Hohne at 604-864-4820 or email@example.com for further information.