February 20, 2014
UBC Graduate Student Centre, Thea’s Lounge
February 21, 2014
UBC First Nations Longhouse
We are seeking a number of volunteers to assist in helping this two-day conference run smoothly and successfully. We are looking for people who are available for either or both of the days.
Sample* roles include (*please note, roles may change):
- Catering/serving assistant (helping to organize meal and snack times; making sure tables are cleared and tidy; helping with changeover of breakfast to snack, snack to lunch, etc.; monitoring coffee/tea/water)
- Note-taker (throughout the day, there will be a series of discussions. We are looking for people who are able to take clear, concise notes at a table of ~ 8 people)
- General support (assist with set-up (table decorating, name tags, etc), greeting, registration, other things that come up throughout the day. No heavy lifting!)
What’s in it for you?
- Valuable event experience
- Contributing to an exciting area of health and education
- Reference letter (if requested)
- Food and break(s) throughout your shift
- An opportunity to meet and connect with interesting people
For more information, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact Renée Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-827-5917